We aim to strengthen partnerships, technology transfer, and capacity building for a level playing field in research-driven innovation. By sourcing, testing, developing and translating enabling technologies for global rice research and make them accessible to all stakeholders, we facilitate adoption of state-of-the-art, high-throughput biological data generation, analysis, interpretation & application.
- High-throughput Genotyping
- Remote Phenotyping
- Mechanization & Digitization
- Breeding Informatics
- Wet-Lab Innovation (CRISPR)
- Develop & funnel breeding informatics technology from Cornell to CG centers
- Develop marker systems & provide access to NARS through an external service provide
- 5 modules across CG centers & crops: Breeding Excellence; Trait discovery; Genotyping; Phenotyping; Bioinformatics
- Centre of Excellence on Rice Value Addition
- Node of IRRI Education Program
- Promote South-South collaboration
- Make facilities & services available to NARS
To invigorate Rice Research at the NARS level to improve effciencies in local product development across breeding & agronomy .